Thursday, August 28, 2008

it's all about feelings...

Well, here we are at the final week on our senses and it's all about the feelings. You can check out my post about this layout at the Making Memories Blog. I have absolutely loved doing these designer challenges for the MM blog this past month and will have another month long series of challenges next month - focusing on music as an inspirational resource!


I love this layout though... I always seem to get that patriotic feeling when I see the flag and wanted to capture those feelings in a scrapbook page. This one's of Oaken holding onto the flag our Ward youth brings around and posts in our yard every holiday. I love the movement of the flag and needed to capture some of those feelings this sight invoked.

This layout makes me realize again that we don't necessarily need to scrapbook what is happening in the photo. We can journal about our feelings and thoughts on matters that are sometimes only slightly related to the picture; capturing what is in our hearts and sharing more of ourselves.

1 comment:

Teresa Gamboa said...

HEY EVERYONE!!!! Joey is going to be on Good Things Utah on Thursday September 18th. Be sure to check out her segment that will be on between 10:00 and 11:00 a.m. She is a SUPERSTAR!!! :)